1. With most rental automobiles, you’re forbidden to drive on F-Roads which might be larger within the mountains. F-Roads are usually solely accessible by 4WDs, as these are very tough roads.
2. In Iceland you drive on the fitting facet of the highway and the pace restrict is 90km/h and 80km/h on gravel roads.
3. It’s unlawful to drive off-road in Iceland the place there aren’t any marked tracks because the ecosystem in Iceland may be very delicate, particularly the Icelandic moss that takes a very long time to get better. Don’t be like Justin Bieber!
4. Shopping for fuel in Iceland is dear and in distant areas petrol stations are sometimes unmanned and solely take bank cards, be sure to have one with you that works. Directions are nonetheless out there in English.
5. It’s worthwhile to have your headlights on always, day and evening, it is a authorized requirement in Iceland.
6. You can not simply cease anyplace on the facet of the highway to sleep in a single day in your campervan. Wild tenting is forbidden. Folks visiting Iceland should use designated campgrounds to park and sleep at evening.